High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), once referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography, is a type of column chromatography method employed in chemical analysis. It is an analytical testing instrument. Its inherent qualities make it ideal for the testing of diverse substances in various industrial, medical and pharmaceutical industries.
HPLC has several applications. This is due to its ability to take any liquid-dissolvable sample and not only separate but also identify and quantify the compounds that comprise it. This includes trace amounts – ones so small they can be as low as parts per trillion. HPLC is a commonly used and extremely powerful chromatographic technique, with applications in areas such as
• Food and Beverage
• Drug Development Laboratories
• Environmental – This includes testing of water for impurities
• Pharmaceutical – Pharmaceutical companies need to test drugs and other related products for adulterations and contaminations
Advantages of High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
The use of HPLC offers many benefits. These consist of
• Accuracy: HPLC samples provide highly accurate results in terms of both the identification and quantification of the chemical components
• Amount: Only a small amount of the finished or raw product is required for testing
• Easy to use: The instrumentation, whether manual or automated is easy to operate
• Efficiency: The method is currently considered very high in terms of the efficiency of its performance and results
• Space: the equipment required to perform the tasks does not occupy a large space
• Speed: The name indicates its standing in this area
Using High Performance Liquid Chromatography
When it comes to considering what company can best supply you with the best HPLC instrumentation possible, contact the knowledgeable and experienced professionals at Trinity Biotech. They offer a line of precise, high-quality and excellently executed high performance liquid chromatography instruments. Deploying them will ensure your company’s capabilities in detecting impure components, no matter how minuscule, in the samples of your customers. This will ensure improved productivity on your part and precise results for your customers.